In this article, you will learn How to Make Organic Lightening Cream in Nigeria. Not many of us are blessed with perfect even skin. Most of us have dark spots, scars, discolorations and other blemishes that we want to get rid of. However, every bleaching cream, or a lightening cream sold in the stores is full of chemicals. Which is why today we will tell you about the best lightening cream in Nigeria that you can make yourself. You’ll use only natural ingredients you can find in a store near your home. Say goodbye to all those unwanted little imperfections!
As many of us grow older, we lose the fine baby skin we used to have. This is due to a process known as hyper-pigmentation caused by skin sensitivity and sun damage. This is what causes dark spots, scars, discolorations and other blemishes that we just want to get rid of with lightening or bleaching creams.
However, most bleaching or lightening creams sold in cosmetics stores today are full of chemicals. This article provides information on how to make organic lightening creams that have only natural ingredients and are free from harsh chemicals. Organic creams are very efficient in improving the skin and getting rid of skin blemishes.
Table Of Contents
HOW TO MAKE ORGANIC LIGHTENING CREAM IN NIGERIA
THE DANGERS OF CHEMICAL SKIN LIGHTENING CREAMS
Hydroquinone and mercury are the main ingredients used in most skin-bleaching products. Research has shown that long term use of these ingredients are in fact, toxic. Some of the side effects include darkening the skin and causing aging.
However, natural ingredients are effective and work by:
- Absorbing harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Inhibiting the production of melanin in the skin which causes the hyperpigmentation.
The good thing about the ingredients used in making organic lightening cream is that they are inexpensive and natural.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE ORGANIC LIGHTENING CREAM IN NIGERIA
Half cup of plain yogurt (or curd)
1 teaspoon of organic honey
2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
4 sweet almonds or 5 gram of almond flour
A pinch of turmeric powder
Each of these ingredients are effective skin lightening ingredients. By combining them together, you are guaranteed of the best results, which is not only lightening your skin but also moisturizing it.
Step 1: Grind the almonds in a food processor: Place 5 to 6 whole, unsalted almonds into a food processor, blender or coffee grinder. Crush the nuts until they reach a fine, smooth powder, which should take just about 5 to 10 seconds. If you blend the almonds for too long, you will end up with almond butter, so be careful. You can make use of almond flour instead of almonds.
Step 2: Mix your crushed almonds/almond flour with yogurt, honey, and turmeric powder and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Step 3: Stir until your cream is well-blended
Step 4. Pour your cream into an airtight container and keep in your fridge. The shelf life of this mixture is seven days.
Step 4. Massage the cream every night before bed.
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can prevent sun damage that darkens the skin. It is best you use this cream at night and not during the day because the lemon juice can make your skin overly sensitive to the UV rays.
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and lightens dark spots
Honey contains antioxidants, which help prevent sun damage that can darken the skin
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which slows down the cells that produce melanin and can help prevent the skin from darkening.
LEMON WHITENING CREAM
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 g) unsweetened, organic yogurt
- 2 to 3 drops of rose water
Step 1: Mix the lemon juice and yogurt. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 cup of unsweetened, organic yogurt to a small bowl. Stir the two together so they’re well blended.
Step 2: Mix in the rose water
Step 3: Transfer the cream to a jar and refrigerate. Put the cream into an airtight container and store in a refrigerator. This is because the cream contains yogurt. The mixture should stay fresh for about 1 to 2 weeks. Whenever you notice signs of mold, throw it away.
If you find that the mixture mixed is too much for you to use up before the cream gets bad, you can reduce all of the ingredients in half to make a smaller batch.
Apply the cream in the evening. For the best results, use the cream daily and at night. This is because of lactic acid which makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Gently massage it into the skin before bed, and wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Some skin types are sensitive to lactic acid and vitamin C. That is, the lactic acid and vitamin skin may irritate your skin. If you know you have sensitive skin, it’s best to gradually introduce the cream to your skin by using it every other night a few times a week until your skin is used to the ingredients.
- Be sure to wash off the cream in the morning with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Apply sunscreen before leaving the house.
SHEA BUTTER AND ESSENTIAL OIL
Organic African Shea butter- 1/2 cup
Essential oils which can be used in this organic lightening cream include:
- Organic virgin coconut oil- 1/2 cup
- Organic carrot oil- 1 teaspoon
- Organic neem oil- 1 teaspoon
- Organic turmeric oil- 1 teaspoon
- Organic papaya oil- 1 teaspoon
- Organic sandalwood oil- 1 teaspoon
- Organic pineapple extract oil- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon essential oil- 1 teaspoon
- Frankincense essential oil- 10 drops.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Combine the Shea butter and the coconut oil in a mixing bowl
- Melt using in a microwave or by boiling for a few minutes. Ensure the oil is not too hot
- Once it has fully melted, take it off the heat and measure the temperature making sure the oil is not too hot.
- Add the essential oils to the mixture and stir properly, making sure they are well mixed.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour until the oil mixture has hardened a little.
- Take it out from the refrigerator and whip until it becomes very fluffy.
Using any of the recipes above, you should be able to see improvements in your skin in about two to three weeks.
Additionally, there are various remedies for dark skin that you can find in your fridge or pantry! For skin lightening purposes, you can use tomatoes, cucumbers, rice powder (mixed with milk), papaya, almond oil, mashed potatoes and aloe vera.
We hope that you will choose at least one option of skin lightening that might work for you. Try them out and remember that you usually have to wait for the results to appear. Be patient and take care of your skin!
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.