Kashim Shettima Biography, Daughter, Speech, Family, Age, Family, Education, Career, Net Worth And More. In this article, you will know Kashim Shettima phone Number, Kashim Shettima’s Other Names, Cars, Houses, Wife, Age, Family, His Net worth, How Kashim Shettima Made It.
Who Is Kashim Shettima?
Kashim Ibrahim Shettima is a Nigerian banker and politician who has served as Senator for Borno Central since 2019. He previously served as the Governor of Borno State from 2011 to 2019. A member of the All Progressives Congress party and APC vice presidential nominee in the 2023 presidential election running alongside Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Quick Facts/Full Data Profile Of Kashim Shettima
|Real Name:||Kashim Ibrahim Shettima|
|Date Of Birth:||Born 2 September, 1966 (age 55)|
|Age:||55 years old @ 2023|
|State Of Origin:||Borno State, Nigeria|
|Occupation:||Politician – Banker|
|Net Worth:||$3 Million USD|
|Political Party:||APC, All Progressives Congress|
Kashim Shettima Early Life
In 1993, he moved into the banking sector and was employed by (now defunct) Commercial Bank of Africa Limited as head of accounts unit at the bank’s office in Ikeja, Lagos State, Southwest, Nigeria. Shettima was there from 1993 to 1997. In 1997 he crossed over to the African International Bank Limited as a Deputy Manager and rose to become a Manager in 2001. In 2001, he moved to the Zenith Bank as head of its main branch in Maiduguri. At the Zenith Bank he rose to Senior Manager/Branch Head; Assistant General Manager (AGM)/Zonal Head (North-East), Deputy General Manager/Zonal Head (North-East) before he stepped out of the Zenith Bank as a General Manager in 2007 following his appointment as Commissioner for Finance in Borno State.
Kashim Shettima Age
Born, September 2, 1966, and he was born in Maiduguri, located in Borno State. Kashim Shettima is 55 years old (2023).
Kashim Shettima Family
Kashim Shettima was born in Maiduguri, located in Borno State, Nigeria. He was a member of the family of Alhaji Shettima Mustafa Kuttayibe. Nana Shettima is his wife, and the couple has produced three offspring together: two daughters and a son.
Kashim Shettima Education
Mr Kashim attended Lamisula Primary School in Maiduguri from 1972 to 1978; Government Community Secondary School, Biu in southern part of Borno State from 1978 to 1980; transferred to Government Science Secondary School, Potiskum (now in neighbouring Yobe State) where he completed his secondary education in 1983.
He studied at the University of Maiduguri and earned a Degree (BSc) in Agricultural Economics in 1989. He had his one-year compulsory membership of the National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, at the defunct Nigerian Agricultural Cooperative Bank, Calabar, capital of Cross River State in South-South, Nigeria, from 1989 to 1990. He obtained a master’s degree (MSc) in Agricultural Economics in 1991 at the University of Ibadan in Southwest, Nigeria. Shettima joined the University of Maiduguri as a Lecturer with the Department of Agricultural Economics and was in the academia from 1991 to 1993.
Kashim Shettima Political Career
From 2007 to 2011, he served as Commissioner in 5 Ministries. In the January 2011 ANPP primaries, Engineer Modu Fannami Gubio was selected as candidate for the governorship. However, Gubio was later shot dead by gunmen, and Shettima was selected in a second primary in February 2011. In the 26 April 2011 elections, Shettima won with 531,147 votes while the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Muhammed Goni, gained 450,140 votes.
He was Commissioner of Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs (2008), Education (2009), Agriculture and Natural Resources and finally to the Ministry of Health from where he contested the Governorship in 2011 which he won under the platform of the now defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP and was inaugurated on May 29, 2011.
He won reelection in 2015 under the All Progressives Congress, APC and was unambiguously chosen as Chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum, an umbrella body of Governors in the 19 States located in northern Nigeria. He has so far been driving key changes in the affairs of the forum with focus on promoting northern unity and reviving ailing industries belonging to northern States.
Kashim Shettima Net Worth
Kashim Shettima and his family enjoy a lavish lifestyle and financial security, he is estimated to be worth more than $3 Million.
Here Are Quick Facts About Kashim Shettima:
1. Sen. Kashim Shettima was born in Maiduguri, Borno state to the family of Sir Kashim Ibrahim.
2. He is married to Nana Shettima, and they have three children: two females and a male.
3. He studied at the University of Maiduguri, Borno State and earned a degree (BSc) in Agricultural Economics in 1989.
4. Shettima obtained a master’s degree (MSc) in Agricultural Economics in 1991 at the University of Ibadan.
5. He joined the University of Maiduguri as a lecturer with the Department of Agricultural Economics and was in academia from 1991 to 1993.
6. He also worked in the banking sector (from 1997 to 2007) before venturing into politics.
7. In 2007, Shettima was appointed as Commissioner for Finance in Borno and the governor of Borno State for two terms (2011-2019).
8. In February 2019, he became the winner of the Borno Central Senatorial District election.
9. He was Commissioner of Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs (2008), Education (2009), Agriculture and Natural Resources and finally to the Ministry of Health from where he contested the Governorship in 2011 which he won under the platform of the now defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP and was inaugurated on May 29, 2011.
10. He won reelection in 2015 under the APC and was chosen as Chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum, an umbrella body of Governors in the 19 States located in northern Nigeria.
11. Shettima’s leadership credentials have attracted positive recognition within and outside Nigeria. Governor Shettima emerged the 2014 Governor of the Year (Leadership Newspapers), Governor of the Year, 2015, (Nigeria Union of Journalists, national body);
12. Other awards include: Governor of the Year, 2015 (NewsWatchTimes Newspapers); Governor of the Year, 2015 (Vanguard Newspapers); Governor of the Year, 2016 (Tell Magazine); 2017 Zik Prize for Leadership; Kaduna NUJ Award for courage and exceptional leadership (2017), FCT NUJ Merit Award for exceptional Leadership, 2017.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.