Medical Laboratory Scientist Salary In Nigeria (All You Need To Know). Shocking! Medical Laboratory Scientist Salary Revealed. Check This Post For More.
Do you want to become a medical laboratory scientist? Do you want to have an idea of what they earn as salary in Nigeria? Then you are on the right platform for this information. In this article, you are going to have a glimpse of what medical laboratory scientists earn. Before we get right into it, it is important that we look at who a medical laboratory scientist is as well as the duties of one.
Who is a medical laboratory scientist?
In case you so not know who a medical laboratory scientist is, a medical laboratory scientist is many times referred to as a clinical laboratory scientist. This is simply a health care professional; that performs chemical, hematological, immunologic, histopathological, cytopatgological, microscopic, bacteriological diagnostic analysis on the body fluids. These body fluids may include blood, urine, pericardial fluid as well as other specimen.
What are the duties of a medical laboratory scientist?
If you wish to know the duties of a medical laboratory scientist, then, here is a list of some of the functions performed by a medical laboratory scientist:
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to examine and analyze body fluids as well as tissues and cells.
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to relay the test results to the doctors
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to cross match to enable blood for transfusion
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to monitor the patients outcome
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to oversee what the medical laboratory technician does
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to establish quality assurance programs to monitor and maintain test accuracy
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to perform cell counts to discover abnormal cells
- It is the duty of a medical laboratory scientist to use high precision lab equipment
Is a medical laboratory scientist the same as a medical laboratory technician?
Many people often ask this question because the work they both do sounds similar. Though they may be similar, they are not the same thing. There are a few differences between the two. A medical laboratory technician is mostly supervised by a medical laboratory scientist.
What do medical laboratory scientists earn as salary in Nigeria?
Many times, knowing what the salary of a profession is helps us in deciding if we want to go into that profession or not. A new practicing medical laboratory scientist in Nigeria with about 1 to 4 years of experience definitely would earn less than one that has been practicing for a longer period of time. The average salary of a medical lab scientist in Nigeria is about 123,000 NGN. This means that some people earn below 123,000 NGN while some others earn above 123,000 NGN depending on the firm as well as experience of the worker.
Read Also: Air Traffic Controller Salary In Nigeria
Where can a medical laboratory scientist work?
A medical laboratory scientist can work in the following places:
- Reference labs
- Bio technology labs
- Non clinical industrial labs
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.