20 Types And Uses Of Farm Tools In Nigeria | In this article, we want to tell you about farm tools and their functions. We know that agriculture is one of the leading economic sectors of the country and it continues its development now.
Farm tools are instruments we use in the farm to aid us in farm work, thereby making it easy. Such equipments include cutlass, wheel barrow hoe, shovel and axe. The pick axe is made up of a long wooden handle with a double headed strong metal blade that is attached to the handle through a loop.
Farm tools are the equipment that is used in the processes of land preparation. There are different types of such tools. Some of them are:
20 Types And Uses Of Farm Tools In Nigeria
1. Bolo Knife: This is usually used to cut tall weeds and grasses or chopping branches of trees. A bolo is a large cutting tool of Filipino origin similar to the machete, used particularly in the jungles of Indonesia, the Philippines, and in the sugar fields of Cuba. The primary use for the bolo is clearing vegetation, whether for agriculture or during trail blazing
2. Crowbar: one can dig holes, with the help of this tool or dig out stones or stumps
3. Pick- mattock: it is a handy tool to dig and break stones. The axe (vertical blade) on a cutter mattock is used to chop through roots in the ground. The adze (large horizontal blade) is used to dig trenches and move earth and soil. The pick on a pick mattock is used to break up hard earth as well as stones and rocks in the ground. The claw on a claw mattock is used for cultivating and digging out weeds.
4. Grub- hoe : This tool helps to break hard top soil. Grub hoes are light- to moderate-weight hoes used for chopping through sod and roots. Clearing a garden spot, digging trenches, killing weeds and roots, removing root pieces above ground, and moving rocks are common uses for grub hoes. Blades are available in several widths and shapes.
5. Spade: this tool is used for removing soil or trash, dig canal and so on
6. Shovel: with the help of the shovel one can quickly removes any trash, dig move and mix the soil
7. Rake: to clean the ground and level the top soil
8. Spading fork: its used for digging out roots, loosening the soil or turning the materials in the compost heap
9. Light hoe: it is used for leveling and loosening soil or digging the furrows for planting
10. Hand trowel : it is used for loosening the soil around plant
11. Hand cultivator : it is used for cultivating garden plot and removing the weeds .
12. Hand fork: this is the tool inter-row cultivation
13. Pruning shears: it is a great tool to cut branches of trees and bushes
14. Axe: it helps to cut big size branches. It is an implement that has been used for millennia to shape, split and cut wood, to harvest timber.
15. Knife: its a universal tool tool for cutting
16. Sprinklers : it is the tool for watering plants. sprinklers provide a way to water your lawn and garden with very little effort. Most sprinklers are easy to operate. You just hook them up to a hose and turn on the faucet.
17. Sprayers : this one is used for spraying insecticedes. A sprayer is a device used to spray a liquid, where sprayers are commonly used for projection of water, weed killers, crop performance materials, pest maintenance chemicals, as well as manufacturing and production line ingredients.
18. Wheelbarrow: it is used to remove the trash, haul fertilizers, manures, planting materials, and other things
19. Sickle: it is well known and ancient hand – held agricultural tool that has a curved blade, it is used for cutting weeds
20. Scythe: it a say the versatile hand- held tool for mowing cereals
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.