WorldRemit: How To Send Money Online Fast (International Money Transfer). It’s easy to send money abroad with WorldRemit! Find out how to send money online with our step by step guides. Sign up to WorldRemit for your next remittance and transfer money online in minutes.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What Is WorldRemit?
- 2 What Is A Bank Transfer?
- 3 How Do I Make An International Bank Transfer With WorldRemit?
- 4 What are the details needed for WorldRemit?
- 5 How Long Do International Bank Transfers Take?
- 6 How Much Does An International Bank Transfer Cost?
- 7 Where Can I Send An International Bank Transfer To?
- 8 When Will My Recipient Receive The Bank Transfer?
- 9 Can I Cancel A Bank Transfer?
- 10 Why Has My Recipient Not Received My Bank Transfer?
- 11 Is There A Limit On The Maximum Amount That I Can Send?
- 12 What Is a BIC or Swift code?
- 13 What is an IBAN?
- 14 What is an ABA Routing Number?
- 15 What is a Canada Transit Number?
What Is WorldRemit?
WorldRemit is a cross-border digital payments service that provides international money transfer and remittance services in more than 130 countries and over 70 currencies. It was founded in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed, Catherine Wines, and Richard Igoe.
What Is A Bank Transfer?
A bank transfer is an electronic payment, which enables you to send money directly from your bank account to another bank account. With WorldRemit you can send money from your bank account to your family or friends’ bank accounts all over the world.
Please scroll down to find out more information about WorldRemit’s bank transfer service.
How Do I Make An International Bank Transfer With WorldRemit?
It’s so easy to make international bank transfers using our website or app. Just follow these simple steps:
- login or sign up for a WorldRemit account (it takes just 2 minutes to create an account)
- select the country and amount you want to send
- enter your recipient’s details (name, address, phone number) and bank details (bank name, IBAN number and SWIFT code)
- pay for your transaction
What are the details needed for WorldRemit?
How Long Do International Bank Transfers Take?
It varies depending on where you’re sending money to. To countries like Nigeria and the Philippines, your transfer would be instant. If you’re sending to countries like Germany and Poland, it would take 1-2 days. Check how long your bank transfer will take by selecting the country here.
How Much Does An International Bank Transfer Cost?
The fees for sending a bank transfer to your loved ones will depend on the country you’re sending to. But we’re delighted to say that we won’t charge any fees on your very first transfer with us.
Where Can I Send An International Bank Transfer To?
To see if you can send a bank transfer to your loved ones in a certain country, simply select that country on our website or app. You’ll then see if sending a bank transfer is an option there.
When Will My Recipient Receive The Bank Transfer?
Bank transfer delivery timescales vary per country but are usually credited within one working day. Please select the region your recipient lives in to see more specific information for the individual receive country.
Can I Cancel A Bank Transfer?
Our bank transfers are usually instant, so it’s not always possible to cancel. But for more information, please select the region your recipient lives in and / or see the cancellations and refunds pages.
If you wish to cancel, please contact WorldRemit’s customer service department here as soon as possible.
Why Has My Recipient Not Received My Bank Transfer?
There could be a number of reasons your family and friends don’t receive their bank transfer within the expected timescale, including:
- we could need extra information from you, before your transfer is processed.
- we may need extra information from the recipient (such as ID).
- timescales for transfer delivery are counted in working days. This means that public holidays and/or weekends are not counted in the delivery timescale. So they may extend delivery dates beyond what you may expect.
- in a very small number of cases, technical issues can occur that affect the recipient’s bank’s ability to credit the transfer.
Is There A Limit On The Maximum Amount That I Can Send?
The maximum amount you can send as a bank transfer depends on::
- the country you’re sending to
- the country you’re sending from
- the payment option you choose
- our local partner’s transaction limits
For more information on this simply select the region your recipient lives in and / or see the send money from pages for.
What Is a BIC or Swift code?
The Bank Identifier Code (BIC) or SWIFT code is used in many countries around the world to identify the country, bank and branch that a bank account is registered to. So both provide vital information in sending a money transfer. The code is either 8 or 11 digits long and includes both numbers and letters.
What is an IBAN?
An International Bank Account Number (IBAN) identifies an individual account (country, bank, branch and account number) in an individual transaction. It’s extremely important in the smooth running of international money transfers. It’s up to 34 characters long and will include both numbers and letters. Find out more about IBAN here.
What is an ABA Routing Number?
An ABA (American Bankers Association) routing number is a 9-digit number used to identify banks in the US, similar to a UK sort code. It can usually be found on the bottom left hand corner of a US check. For more information, or if your recipient cannot find their ABA routing number, they should contact their bank.
What is a Canada Transit Number?
The Canada Transit Number is a 5-digit code that identifies the bank and branch that an account is registered to. It can usually be found at the bottom left hand corner of the customer’s check. For more information on this, or if your recipient cannot find their Canada Transit Number, they should contact the check issuer.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.