In This Article, You Will All Banks In Nigeria And Their Websites, How Many Banks Are In Nigeria, Which is The biggest Banks In Nigeria And The Oldest Bank In Nigeria Below
There are different banks in Nigeria ranging from commercial banks to merchant banks. Do you have a problem getting the right website of any bank in Nigeria? Are you confused on the difference between commercial banks and merchant banks? Then, this article is for you.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How many banks are in Nigeria?
- 2 Which is the biggest bank in Nigeria?
- 3 Which bank is the oldest in Nigeria?
- 4 WHAT ARE COMMERCIAL BANKS?
- 5 COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH INTERNATIONAL AUTHORIZATION AND THEIR WEBSITES
- 6 COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH NATIONAL AUTHORIZATION AND THEIR WEBSITES
- 7 COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH REGIONAL AUTHORIZATION IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
- 8 NON INTEREST BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
- 9 MERCHANT BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
How many banks are in Nigeria?
There are currently 26 banks in Nigeria with Government licenses. Those 26 banks in Nigeria are grouped into commercial, non-interest, and merchant banks.
Which is the biggest bank in Nigeria?
Access Bank Plc is now Nigeria’s biggest lender after its takeover of Carlyle Group LP-backed Diamond Bank Plc. Lagos-based Access leapfrogged FBN Holdings Plc and Zenith Bank Plc as its assets rose 31 percent to $18 billion.
Which bank is the oldest in Nigeria?
First Bank of Nigeria Plc
The Oldest Bank In Nigeria. The oldest bank in Nigeria is First Bank of Nigeria Plc, founded in the year 1894. It was formerly known as Bank of British West Africa before renamed into first bank of Nigeria. First Bank is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos.
WHAT ARE COMMERCIAL BANKS?
Commercial banks are banks that provides for services such as accepting deposits, making business loans and providing basic investment products that is operated as a business for profit. In simpler words, Commercial banks are basically the regular banks we go to from time to time either to withdraw cash or make deposits or to do other things. Commercial banks are profit-seeking institutions, that is, they do banking business to earn profit.
Commercial banks in Nigeria are subdivided into three categories which are
- Commercial banks with International authorization
- Commercial banks with National authorization
- Commercial banks with Regional authorization
These three categories will be discussed briefly in the next sub heading
COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH INTERNATIONAL AUTHORIZATION AND THEIR WEBSITES
Commercial banks with international authorization are simply banks that allows their customers to carry out financial transactions internationally. Below are the list of such banks and their websites.
- Zenith bank Plc – ( zenithbank.com)
- Fidelity Bank Plc – ( fidelitybank.ng )
- Access bank Plc – ( accessbankplc.com )
- United bank for Africa Plc – ( ubagroup.com)
- Union bank of Nigeria Plc – ( unionbankng.com )
- Guarantee Trust bank Plc – ( gtbank.com )
- First bank of Nigeria Limited – ( firstbanknigeria.com )
- First City monument bank Limited – ( fcmb.com )
COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH NATIONAL AUTHORIZATION AND THEIR WEBSITES
Commercial banks with National authorization in Nigeria are commercial banks authorised to conduct business on a national basis. Here is a list of Commercial banks with National authorization in Nigeria and their websites:
- Wema bank Plc (wemabank.com)
- Unity Bank Plc ( unitybankng.com)
- Titan Trust bank Limited ( titantrustbank.com )
- Sterling bank Plc ( sterlingbankng.com )
- Standard chartered bank ( sc.com/ng )
- Stanbic ibtc bank Plc ( stanbicbank.com )
- Polaris bank Limited ( polarisbanklimited.com )
- Keystone Bank Limited ( keystonebank.ng )
- Heritage Banking Company Limited ( hbng.com )
- Ecobank Nigeria Plc ( ecobank.com )
- Citibank Nigeria limited ( citigroup.com )
COMMERCIAL BANKS WITH REGIONAL AUTHORIZATION IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
Commercial banks with Regional authorization in Nigeria are commercial banks authorised to conduct business on a Regional basis. Here is a list of Commercial banks with Regional authorization in Nigeria and their website
- Sun Trust bank Nigeria Limited ( suntrustng.com )
- Globus bank (globusbank.com)
- Providus Bank Limited ( providusbank.com )
NON INTEREST BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
Non interest banks are banks that provide financial products and services based on Islamic commercial jurisprudence or any other non-interest principles. Non interest banking is based on tangible assets and real services. Here is a list of Non interest banks amd their websites.
- Jaiz bank Plc ( jaizbankplc.com )
- TAJBank Limited (tajbank.com)
MERCHANT BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR WEBSITES
Merchant banks are banks that deals in commercial loans and investment. Here is a list of the merchant banks in Nigeria and their websites
- Coronation merchant bank (coronationmb.com)
- FBN Quest Merchant bank ( fbnquest.com )
- Rand Merchant bank ( rmb.com.ng )
- Nova Merchant bank (novambl.com)
- FSDH Merchant bank (fsdhgroup.com)
In conclusion, the central bank of Nigeria (CBN) is the Highest Monetary authority of Nigeria. It was established in 1958. Its website is cbn.gov.ng.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.