How to Buy On Amazon and Ship to Nigeria. In This Article, You Will Learn How To Buy at Amazon Store and Ship to Nigeria.
With more than a hundred million daily visitors, Amazon is one of the most popular and recognized online markets in the world. Our readers often ask questions regarding Amazon shipping to Nigeria, we have decided to tell how to get your items delivered to your home in Nigeria.
Gone are the days when Nigerians were not able to make purchases from Amazon to be shipped down to Nigeria directly. Things are however different now; Nigerians can now make purchases from Amazon and ship same to Nigeria directly. You can now buy items like videos, music, DVDs and books directly using your Nigerian shipping address.
Be that as it may, Amazon will not ship certain items to Nigeria. Some of the examples of restricted items are laptops and household gadgets. Nigerians have however devised a way to ship these restricted items right to Nigeria.
Table Of Contents
Does Amazon accept Nigerian debit cards?
Amazon.com does accept credit and debit cards in Nigeria that are supported by Visa and Mastercard international. It doesn’t really matter if you are using a Naira or US dollar denominated card, as long as it is supported by the same global brands which Amazon accepts, it is recognized by them.
Does Amazon ship to Nigeria?
While it is true that Amazon delivery to Nigeria is possible, you cannot visit this platform and purchase just any product sold on it with direct shipping to your home. This can be impossible in many situations.
Shipping to Nigeria is a more complicated question because Amazon is not just one seller. It is a huge online mall with thousands of sellers from the USA, the UK, Canada, some African countries, Europe, and other parts of the world. And every seller has his or her own shipping policy which can be only limited to the United States of America, the United Kingdom or other parts of the globe.
In other words, when you find something at a good price or just what interests you the most and wish to enjoy Amazon delivery to Nigeria, you might be upset if the seller does not ship to Nigeria.
At the same time, you might find a seller who can guarantee Amazon delivery to Nigeria. Such shipment (if it is direct) can take a while to reach you. According to quora.com, those Nigerians who have experimented making direct purchases on this platform and asking the seller to ship the product right to Africa through FedEx or other mail company assure that it can take around 12 days to get your products or more. Besides, such international shipment can be very expensive and cost even several times more than the product itself.
Items You Can Buy On Amazon And Ship To Nigeria?
What can you do to buy these restricted items from Amazon and get them shipped to Nigeria? The information below will open your eyes on how to do that.
In order to buy any item from Amazon and ship same to Nigeria, you can choose from any of the three options provided below:
- Forward the item you buy on Amazon.com to the address of a friend or acquaintance staying in the United States. This works perfectly if the friend will be visiting Nigeria in a matter of weeks. The friend can also help forward the item to Nigeria after receiving it from Amazon.
- You can also use Nigerian Shop to buy and ship the item to Nigeria from Amazon. They however charge exorbitantly for the shipping. Their charges can also include 5% of the value of the item you are buying from Amazon.
- Make use of service provided by American re-shipping and forwarding agents. Good example of such outlet is myus.com.
You May Also Like: How to Start Mini Importation Business in Nigeria
Steps On How to Make Order On Amazon and Ship to Nigeria
- First of all, visit myus.com. They provide US mailing address to Nigerians and anyone interested. The item you buy from Amazon will be shipped to this address you get from myus.com. Once the item lands at the US address, you will be notified. You can then give instruction on how to ship the item to Nigeria. This is done at a cost anyway, but it is relatively cheap. You can buy practically any item from Amazon with the US Mailing Address obtained from myus.com.
- Visit Amazon market place and register an account with them.
- Visit your account using the username and password you had earlier provided.
- Under the Settings option, click on Manage Address Book. Edit the default shipping address there. Change it to the one provided by myus.com.
- Next, search their database for the particular item you want to buy.
- Under Refine on the left side of the page, select Ship to United States.
- Amazon will perform your search and present items you can ship to the myus.com address in the United States to you.
- If you had chosen to ship to Nigeria, only very few items can be shipped to Nigeria as indicated earlier. However, you can ship virtually any item to Nigeria with the myus.com shipping address that you have provided.
- Next, select the item you want to buy, be it laptop, home appliances or whatever item it may be.
- After selecting the item you want to buy, add to cart and click on Next
- You will be able to view your cart at this stage
- Next, proceed to Checkout.
- Next, provide the US mailing address provided by myus.com
- At this stage, you are also required to provide delivery option. The delivery option determines how much you will pay for shipping. Since you are shipping to the United States address of myus.com, you can ship the item free of charges. Amazon gives free shipping opportunity to US buyers. Amazon Global Priority shipping only takes between 2 and 7 days to ship the item.
- Afterwards, proceed to make payment.
- On the payment page, you will be required to select your preferred method of payment.
- Despite the fact that the mailing address is in US, you can use your Nigerian visa card or MasterCard to make payment for the item you have just purchased. You can equally make payment using PayPal account if you have one. MasterCard or visa card from any Nigerian bank will work perfectly. Aside credit or debit card, you can also use Amazon store card to make payment. Gift card & promotional codes too can be used to pay for the product ordered from Amazon.com.
- If the MasterCard or visa card is not accepted, you can opt for MyUS Personal Shopper service. They will help you make the payment, while you reimburse them.
- On the next page, you will be allowed to review your order. On this page, import fees deposit is calculated. Amazon equally provides currency conversion on this page. It is only available for selected currencies anyway. This page may not be so important to you, since you are not shipping directly to Nigeria.
- After you have confirmed the order, you can now click on Place Your Order.
- In most instances, shipping within the United States is free. It may however attract some fees, depending on the type of item being shipped. The bigger the size of the item, the more the cost of shipping.
Before you finalize with the order, you may want to check with www.myus.com to find out how much it costs to ship the item from the United States to Nigeria.
The amount you pay is determined by how long it takes to ship the item to Nigeria by myus.com. They will charge you up to $96 per kilogram if you want the item to be shipped within 4 business days. You will only have to pay $74 if the item is to be shipped within 10 business days.
The amount varies anyway; premium members of myus.com pay different amount from their basic members. Myus.com equally works with a number of shipping agencies. The shipping cost is determined by which of the shipping agencies you opt for. Those with myus.com premium membership pay less than those having basic membership.
The shipping cost include fees for customs documentation completion, deep discounts with global carrier partners, package storage and consolidation and simplified shipping rates based on the weight of the item to be shipped.
Some of the shipping agencies in partnership with myus.com are UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.