Top 10 Professional Courses Needed In The Oil And Gas Industry. Get Informed On The Top 10 Professional Courses In The Oil And Gas Industry.
There are many professional courses that one would need to improve their career in the oil and gas industry. Do you want to know some of them? Then you are on the right platform for this information. In this article, I will reveal to you the top 10 professional courses one would need in the oil and gas industry.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What are the top ten courses one would need in the oil and gas industry?
- 2 Top 10 Professional Courses Needed In The Oil And Gas Industry
- 2.0.1 1. DEVELOPMENT GEOLOGY
- 2.0.2 2. FUNDAMENTALS OF DRILLING PROCESS
- 2.0.3 3. BASIC GEOCHEMISTRY FOR EXPLORATIONISTS
- 2.0.4 4. STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY
- 2.0.5 5. COMPETENCY IN ONSHORE AND OFFSHORE PIPELINE SYSTEMS
- 2.0.6 6. INTRODUCTION TO OIL AND GAS
- 2.0.7 7. OIL AND GAS SAFETY AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- 2.0.8 8. EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
- 2.0.9 9. OIL AND GAS ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- 2.0.10 10. PETROLEUM REFINING AND PROCESSING
- 3 Conclusion
What are the top ten courses one would need in the oil and gas industry?
- Development geology
- Fundamentals of Drilling process
- Basic Geochemistry for explorationists
- Structural Geology
- Competency in Onshore and offshore pipeline systems
- Introduction to oil and gas
- Oil and gas safety and health management system
- Exploration and production
- oil and gas environmental management
- petroleum refining and processing
Top 10 Professional Courses Needed In The Oil And Gas Industry
1. DEVELOPMENT GEOLOGY
The first professional course we have on our list is Development Geology. If you are a petroleum engineer, then this course is highly recommended for you. Some of the contents of this course include: Geological concepts, production seismic and gas volumetric calculations, geophysical methods and so on.
2. FUNDAMENTALS OF DRILLING PROCESS
The next professional course we have on our list is Fundamentals of drilling process. Just as the name suggests, this course is aimed at providing basic knowledge of the drilling process. Here, you would be exposed to off and on shore drilling unit design and other interesting and related topics.
3. BASIC GEOCHEMISTRY FOR EXPLORATIONISTS
The next professional course we have on our list is Basic geochemistry for explorationists. If you are or want to be an oil and gas professional, then this course is for you. This course emphasizes the competent role of the geochemist in basin analysis and so on.
4. STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY
The next professional course we have on our list is Structural geology. This particular course is highly compulsory for petroleum engineers as well as geologists. Some of the contents of this course is geo mechanics and so on.
5. COMPETENCY IN ONSHORE AND OFFSHORE PIPELINE SYSTEMS
The next professional course we have on our list is competency in onshore and offshore pipeline systems. Here, designs of pipelines, constructions and so on are highly explored. It is expected that after taking the course, learner should understand the specifications as well as standards related to pipeline design and so on.
6. INTRODUCTION TO OIL AND GAS
The next professional course we have on our list is introduction to oil and gas. If you want a basic knowledge of the oil and gas industry. Then you should consider taking this course. It covers all the areas that provides the minimum knowledge of the industry.
7. OIL AND GAS SAFETY AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The next professional course we have on our list is oil and gas safety and health management system. From the name of this course, it can be implied that it is a very important one. This is because, in every organization or industry, safety should be highly preached. In this course, learners would be equipped with the skills in handling health risks as well as knowledge of occupational safety.
8. EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
The next professional course we have on our list is Exploration and production. In this course, a number of things are taught including life cycle of reservoir, development planning and so on. Some of the contents of the course includes: Economic petroleum accumulation, field development training, an overview of drilling and so on.
9. OIL AND GAS ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
The next professional course we have on our list is Oil and gas environmental management. This course provides its learners with the knowledge of oil and gas environmental problems as well as ways of managing them. The content of this course includes an overview of oil and gas, exploration management as well as operational procedures.
10. PETROLEUM REFINING AND PROCESSING
This happens to be the last course we have on our list. The aims and objectives of this course is basically to help learners work effectively as process operators or its equivalent. This course is centered on introduction to petroleum refining, processes and technology as well as crude oil composition refinery.
Participants of this course are expected to eventually possess skills that would enable them implement as well as execute the necessary operations in refining oil.
Professional courses in the oil and gas industry are not limited to these. However, if you want an idea of the other courses you can take that relates to the oil and gas industry, you can make an in-depth research of them.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.