NYSC Exemption Letter: How To Get NYSC Exemption Certificate. Have you been looking for how to get your NYSC exemption letter? Well, this article has all your answers. It contains how you can apply for and collect your NYSC exemption letter or certificate successfully.
This article gives you the guide on how to get your nysc exemption certificate. Alot of people have been asking questions like;
How do I get a NYSC exemption letter?
How do I get my NYSC exemption certificate online?
What is the meaning of NYSC exemption letter?
Where can I collect my NYSC exemption certificate?
How long does it take to get exemption letter?
How do I check my NYSC exemption certificate?
NYSC Batch A, Batch B and Batch C prospective corps members (PCM) can apply for their NYSC Certificate of Exemption using the simple steps below. We believe this update will guide you for a successful collection of NYSC Exemption Letter.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Eligible PCMs that can Collect NYSC Exemption Letter
- 2 Process to Collection of NYSC Exemption Letter
Eligible PCMs that can Collect NYSC Exemption Letter
- Graduates that are above 30 years of age
- Part-time graduates
- Persons who have been conferred with any National Honour.
- Persons who have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for more than nine months; or member of staff of any of the following:
- Some special departments (SLT etc)
- The Defence Intelligence Service
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service, or
Process to Collection of NYSC Exemption Letter
Home Trained Graduates
The process begins with the Corps Producing Institutions.
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
- The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials, the foreign-trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strict with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
Issues of complaints and corrections for home trained graduates are to be routed through the Institutions of graduation. The school then forwards such cases with necessary attachments such as a photocopy of print-out to NYSC for rectification or further necessary action.
Foreign-trained graduates are to submit the handwritten application with the attachment of photocopy of International passport –data page and original Certificate of Exemption to be addressed to the Director-General, NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, indicating their address and telephone number.
In the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
- A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
- A letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Photocopy of International passport
- Where available, the copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
It is the policy of the Scheme not to reprint lost or burnt Certificates. Letters of Confirmation are issued instead.
Visit NYSC Homepage – Register Now
What’s your take on this article? Kindly leave your comments below, if you have any other questions about NYSC exemption letter, you can use the comment box below.
Also, do well to share this link on all your social media platform both with your friends and loved ones.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.