Current Prices of Building Materials in Nigeria (2023). Latest Prices of All Building Materials in Nigeria. This list includes the major building materials of a broad category, brand, size, and cost. This survey of building materials will serve as a useful tool for real estate investors, potential home builders, and professionals in the housing sectors alike
What Is Building Material?
Building material is material used for construction. Many naturally occurring substances, such as clay, rocks, sand and wood, even twigs and leaves, have been used to construct buildings. Apart from naturally occurring materials, many man-made products are in use, some more and some less synthetic. The manufacturing of building materials is an established industry in many countries and the use of these materials is typically segmented into specific specialty trades, such as carpentry, insulation, plumbing, and roofing work. They provide the make-up of habitats and structures including homes.
The Nigerian market has a vast number of building materials which are classified as cement/block work, timber work, roofing, plumbing, electrical materials, and the list still continues. In case you’re looking for the information on the current price of any of these building materials, then don’t get freaky. You’re definitely on the right page as we this article will apprise you on how much these building materials cost in the current market here.
Building materials are very essential to the building of a house and building a house won’t be possible without them. Regardless of whether you want to build a private house or you’re a quantity surveyor, construction engineer or another professional who just needs to stay up to date with information on building materials, we have you covered with the current costs in Nigeria. This article will also be of help to people who are doing business on the sale of building materials retail or supply. This will give them a statistical surveying of how much to budget for the purchase of these products.
See Also: How To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria
CURRENT PRICES OF BUILDING MATERIALS IN NIGERIA
Let’s take a gander at how much it cost to buy building materials in Nigeria.
LATEST CEMENT PRICES IN NIGERIA
Cement is a very important aggregate used for building structures. The price range of various cement brands in Nigeria are highlighted below:
- 50kg-pack of Dangote cement cost ₦3,500 to ₦4,500
- 50kg-pack of Elephant cement cost ₦4,200
- 50kg-pack of Eagle cement costs ₦4,250
- 50kg-pack of UNICEM cement costs ₦4,200
- 50kg-pack of Cellular Concrete cement cost ₦3,900
- 50kg-pack of Ibeto cement costs ₦4,000
- 50kg-pack of Ashaka cement cost ₦4,000
- 50kg-pack of Wapco cement cost ₦4,400
- 50kg-pack of Sokoto cement costs ₦4,050.
CURRENT PRICES OF STEEL RODS IN NIGERIA
Steel rods are much like the skeleton of any building or structure. Below is an current price list of various sizes of steel rods in the Nigerian market:
- 1 piece of 8 mm steel rod costs ₦700 to ₦850
- 1 piece of 16 mm steel rod cost ₦1,500 to ₦2,000
- 120 pieces (1 ton) of 16 mm steel rod cost ₦170,000 to ₦174, 000
- 1 piece of 12 mm steel rod cost ₦1,100 to ₦1,500
- 176 pieces (1 ton) of 12 mm steel rod cost ₦165,000 to ₦170,000
- 1 length of 10 mm steel rod cost ₦1,000 to ₦1,100
- 1 piece of 25 mm steel rod cost ₦4,500 to ₦4, 8000
- 42 pieces (1 ton) of 25 mm steel rod cost ₦180,000 to ₦185,000
- 1 piece of 20 mm steel rod cost ₦2,600 to ₦3, 000
- 74 pieces (1 ton) of 20 mm steel rod cost ₦180,000 to ₦185,000
- 185 pieces (1 ton) of 10 mm steel rod costs ₦165,000 to ₦167,000
- 282 pieces (1 ton) of 8 mm steel rod costs ₦165,000 to ₦170,000
- BRC Mesh (20 m of 3.5 mm) costs ₦14,000 to ₦15,000
- BRC Mesh (20 m of 4.0 mm) cost ₦17,000 to ₦18,000
- BRC Mesh (25 m of 4.0 mm) cost ₦25,000 to ₦27,000
- A roll of flexible Binding wire cost ₦5,000 to ₦5,500
- 10 kg bundle of flexible binding wire cost ₦45,000 to ₦48,000
- 1 roll of stiff binding wire costs ₦6,000 to ₦7,000
- 10 kg bundle of stiff binding wire cost ₦47,000 to ₦50, 000
CURRENT PRICES OF CONCRETES IN NIGERIA
Granite is a building material often used when casting a building. The current prices of 20 tons of various sizes of granite are highlighted below:
- 7 tons’ cargo of 1-1/4 inch Gravel cost ₦33,000 to ₦37,000
- 20 tons’ cargo of Granite stone dust cost ₦50,000 to ₦55,000
- 20 tons’ cargo of ¾-inch Granite costs ₦80,000 to ₦90,000
- 20 tons’ cargo of 1-inch Granite cost ₦85,000 to ₦90, 000
- 20 tons’ cargo of ¼-inch Granite costs ₦70,000 to ₦75,000
- 20 tons’ cargo of ½-inch Granite costs ₦80,000 to ₦90,000
See Also: How To Design A House Like An Architect
PRICES OF BUILDING BLOCKS IN NIGERIA
Blocks are the body of any building or structure. It is better to mold blocks than to buy them. If you want to know the cost of molding blocks, you must know the cost of labour involved first. Below are the prices of various inches of blocks in Nigeria:
- 9” blocks costs between ₦230 to ₦270
- 6” vibrated blocks cost between ₦270 to ₦350
- 9” hand mold blocks cost between ₦270 to ₦330
- 6” hand mold blocks cost between ₦270 to ₦300
CURRENT PRICES OF SAND IN NIGERIA
Below is the price list of sharp and smooth sands in Nigeria:
- 20 tons of Sharp coarse sand (1 tipper) costs between ₦42,000 to ₦45,000
- 1 tipper of 20 tons of Sharp coarse sand that is not very silty costs between ₦30,000 to ₦33, 000
- 1 tipper of 20 tons of Sharp coarse sand with average silt costs between ₦40,000 to ₦45,000
- 7 tons of very smooth/plaster sand costs between ₦25,000 to ₦28,000
- 7 tons of fairly smooth sand costs between ₦18,000 to ₦20,000
- 7 tons of sticky smooth sand costs between ₦25,000 to ₦28,000.
LATEST PRICES OF LATERITE IN NIGERIA
Laterite is a building material in a red like brick type and made from iron and aluminum. The prices of this building material are listed below:
- 10 tons of very clayey yellow-brown Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦12, 000
- 10 tons of very clayey red Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦15,000
- 10 tons of very clayey grayish Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦12,000
- 10 tons of not very clayey brownish yellow Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦12,000
- 10 tons of not very clayey red Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦12,000
- 7 tonnes of Broken blocks and sand Crete costs between ₦17,000 to ₦18,000
- 10 tonnes of not very clayey whitish Laterite costs between ₦10,000 to ₦12,000
- 10 tonnes of black soil Filling sand costs between ₦9,000 to ₦11,000
- 10 tonnes of bubbles Filling material costs between ₦12,000 to ₦14,000
- 10 tonnes of absorbent Filling sand costs between ₦20,000 to ₦22,000
- 15 tons of large Boulder costs between ₦70,000 to ₦175,000
- 15 tons of small Boulder costs between ₦45,000 to ₦50,000
LATEST PRICES OF ROOFING SHEETS IN NIGERIA
Aluminum roofing sheets prices in Nigeria are highlighted below:
- 0.45 Aluminum roofing sheets cost between ₦1,550 to ₦1,700
- 0.70 Aluminum roofing sheet costs between ₦2,400 to ₦2,600
- 0.90 Aluminum roofing sheets cost between ₦2,700 to ₦3100
- 0.55 Aluminum roofing sheet cost between ₦1,900 to ₦2,200
LATEST PRICES OF WINDOWS IN NIGERIA
There are many types of windows ranging from sliding, casement, fixed, louvers windows, etc. Their prices are listed below:
- 750×750 mm louvre window cost ₦1,800
- 1500×1200 mm louvre window cost ₦8,000
- 1800×1200 mm louvre window cost ₦10,000.
- 600×600 mm Aluminum-covered cost between ₦4,000 to 5,500
- 600×600 mm Bronze-glazed cost between ₦7,000 to 8,000
- 600×750 mm bronze-glazed cost between ₦7,000 to 8,000.
- 600×600 mm Aluminum-covered cost between N7,000 to N8,000
- 600×600 mm Bronze-glazed cost between ₦7,000 to 8,000
- 600×750 mm bronze-glazed cost between ₦9,000 to 10,500.
- 600×600 mm Aluminum-covered cost between ₦3,500 to 5,000
- 600×600 mm Bronze-glazed cost between ₦6,500 to 8,000
- 600×750 mm bronze-glazed costs between ₦7,000 to 8,000
That’s the comprehensive view of the current prices of building materials in Nigeria. However, there might be some slight changes from what is obtained in the real market. The variation in prices of these materials is because of specific factors which incorporate currency exchange rate for materials that are imported, location and time of purchase, brand and other related variables that influences the product cost.
The Nigerian market has a lot of different building materials, and we investigate a large portion of the most essential materials needed for a building industry and the amount they cost in the current market. These materials are readily available all around the country depending on the supply to that particular area.
See Also: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World
FACTORS INFLUENCING THE COST OF BUILDING MATERIALS IN NIGERIA
It’s important to note that the cost of building materials fluctuate dependent on various factors. Here in this article, we will be taking a gander at these influencing variables.
- THE LOCATION OF PURCHASE
Location is one of the factors that influence the cost of building materials in Nigeria. Just as in anywhere else, the building materials by and large sell at more exorbitant prices in certain areas than in others. The contributing factors to that include nearness to production and sell places. Alternatively, the online mediums is a good option to avoid this factor.
- QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT
Certainly, the quality of the product speaks it cost. It’s a normal thing thag a quality building material would be more costly than ones below par. Some of the time, the value contrast could be pretty much as high as products of 3 or significantly more. You must be various cautious in selecting a building material here in Nigeria, because some odd ones are broadly sold in light of the fact that most people care less about quality.
- THE BRAND
Going for a tested brand is preferable your building materials sourcing. A few brands has greater costs than others, not really on the grounds that their products are too better compared to other ones, but since they have gained notoriety for quality throughout the long term.
From the long list of building materials above, you can see how much these products go for in the current market in Nigeria. In order to give you a wide range of products, we classified these building materials based on their category. The respective prices of these products in a specific quantity was highlighted in this article.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.