How To Make Perfume Oil At Home (Complete Guide). In this article, i will walk you through on How To Make Oil Perfume In Nigeria At The Comfort Of Your Home. We all know perfume oil is a sweet fragrance, let me show you how to make it below.
Ever wondered how nice it would be to make your own custom perfume that smells incredible and costs a fraction of the price of store-bought options? Follow this easy tutorial taking you through all the steps to making a Homemade Natural Perfume with Essential Oils including: How to choose a fragrance? Which Essential Oils to Use for Perfume? Top, Middle & Base Notes Explained, Carrier Oils and Making your own Fragrance Oil Blend!
Entering into the world of Perfume making can seem overwhelming, especially if you’re new – but it doesn’t have to be! Remember that you are making a fragrance tailored to your specific tastes! Have fun mixing essential oils and trying new scent until you find your ultimate natural perfume recipe.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How much does it cost to start a perfume oil business in Nigeria?
- 2 Is perfume oil business profitable?
- 3 Best carrier oils for essential oils perfume
- 4 How to make perfume oil with essential oils
- 5 How to create a truly favourite fragrance
How much does it cost to start a perfume oil business in Nigeria?
According to a perfume oil retailer who pleaded anonymity, the oil fragrance business can be started off with as low as N10,000 or N25,000.
Is perfume oil business profitable?
According to a recent market analysis, this industry is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 3.9% between 2019 and 2025. With good grooming becoming a lifestyle and triggering increased demand for exotic and luxury fragrances, those in the perfume business are almost guaranteed to rip massive profits.
Best carrier oils for essential oils perfume
The whole variety of essential oils can be divided into just a few basic categories: woody, spicy, floral, fruity, herbal:
- Natural, earthy scents: vetiver, patchouli.
- Fruit aromas: bergamot, lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, mandarin.
- Flower aromas: jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, neroli, rose, mimosa, lavender.
- Herbal aromas: chamomile, basil, sage, peppermint, lavender, rosemary.
- Spicy scents: cardamom, black pepper, ginger, coriander, thyme, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, juniper.
- Wood aromas: cypress, cedar, sandalwood, pine, rosewood.
The main rule of blending essential oils is the combination of oils of the same group: the essential oils belonging to the same group are best combined. For example, floral oils are best combined with floral, citrus – with citrus, and so on.
It is best to start experimenting with mixing the oils of the flower group – they are easiest to combine, and it is almost impossible to make a mistake. The most complex concerning the combination of oils are spicy and citrus.
All perfumes are composite aroma bouquets. This means aroma phases. They have “top notes” – the first phase – those you feel in the first 10 minutes. Usually, the first phase is light and quickly fading aromas. Next comes the mid note – the second phase. It is the brightest and long. The base note is just the main smell, for which the whole composition is created. Well, in the end, the fragrance of the perfume is revealed by the base – the third phase, which is the most persistent of the entire bouquet. The base emphasizes the notes of the heart, giving it a special fragrance.
- For top notes are suitable (depending on the type) light grassy, floral, citrus, fruit, food flavours. For example, orange, lemon, bergamot, coriander, rosemary, lavender, thyme, basil, nutmeg, tarragon, lilac, etc.
- For mid note, you should choose thicker aromas with slow evaporation substances: floral, fruity, spicy, amber, oriental, aldehyde, chypre, ozone, leather, woody, aquatic, musky, etc. For example, rose, incense, patchouli, jasmine, geranium, verbena, wild lily, ylang-ylang, etc.
- Base note usually has a sugary or oily-sweet smell (sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, mint, sage, oakmoss, oriental spices, vanilla, musk, cybet, amber, etc.).
For oil-based perfumes, 15-20 drops of essential oils are needed for about 10 ml of oil. You can use jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil as a base.
For the combination of essential oils to be harmonious, it is necessary to take oils in the proportion of 3:2:1: three drops of oil for top notes, two drops – for mid notes and one – for base notes.
How to make perfume oil with essential oils
To begin with, we will define the varieties of oil perfumes. They come in two consistencies:
- Dry or solid perfumes are the progenitors of modern perfumery products. A mixture of aromatic oils and animal fats was heated for mixing and poured into the desired shape (most often they were as pendants). Today, fat is replaced by beeswax.
- Liquid oil perfumes are created by mixing aroma oils and valuable plant extracts. But such complex and oily aromas are still the personification of the East, which is difficult to understand for a European.
Solid oil perfume “Vanilla”
- vanilla oil – 5 drops;
- rose oil – 7 drops;
- patchouli oil – 5 drops;
- almond oil – 1.5 tsp. ;
- pure beeswax (grate) – 2 tsp.
Additionally, prepare a small container for the finished product. Combine wax and almond oil in a glass bowl and melt in a water bath. Add perfume composition, mix and pour into a dry perfume container. Wait for complete cooling and use well and good.
- chamomile oil for the top notes – 3 drops;
- rose oil for mid notes – 2 drops;
- ylang-ylang oil for plume – 1 drop;
- grapeseed oil as a base.
Additionally, you will need a small bottle-roller (you can buy in the store) and a pipette. Mix aromatic oils in a bottle in the right proportion and dilute with base oil to obtain the aroma in the right concentration. Close the vial tightly with the cap and place in a dark, cool place. You will need to wait 2 weeks until the aromas “make friends” with each other.
Pleasant evening perfume
- jojoba oil for the base – 10 ml;
- patchouli oil for base notes – 4 drops;
- oil for mid notes of ylang-ylang and jasmine, 4 drops each;
- Lavender oil for the top notes – 4 drops.
In a container of dark glass, pour the base oil, and then alternately add aroma oils. After each component, the container must be shaken vigorously to mix the components. Twist the container and hold it for several days in a dark place to form a fragrance.
And now let’s try to make perfumes of the famous brands at home.
“Light Blue” from Dolce&Gabbana
- lemon oil – 12 drops;
- green apple oil – 16 drops;
- jasmine oil – 13 drops;
- bamboo oil – 17 drops;
- white rose oil – 10 drops;
- cedar oil – 17 drops;
- ambergris oil – 13 drops;
- musk oil – 15 drops.
“Chanel-5” from Chanel
- bergamot oil – 8 drops;
- oil of green lemon – 15 drops;
- neroli oil – 12 drops;
- jasmine oil – 9 drops;
- white rose oil – 13 drops;
- lily of the valley oil – 15 drops;
- vetiver oil – 7 drops;
- sandalwood oil – 10 drops;
- vanilla oil – 17 drops;
- ambergris oil – 15 drops.
“Magnetism” from Escada
- black currant oil – 7 drops;
- melon oil – 9 drops;
- basil oil – 5 drops;
- jasmine oil – 18 drops;
- rose oil – 13 drops;
- magnolia oil – 8 drops;
- nutmeg oil – 16 drops;
- vanilla oil – 20 drops;
- coconut oil – 5 drops;
- ambergris – 6 drops.
“Fahrenheit-Absolute” from Christian Dior
- violet oil – 18 drops;
- myrrh oil – 16 drops;
- incense oil – 24 drops;
- nutmeg oil- 18 drops;
- clove oil – 15 drops.
For those who are interested in hand-made perfume making, it is important to know the techniques that ensure the correct preparation and durability of the finished product. To get the right infusion, you need to store the container with a mixture of fragrant oils in a dark place. It is also necessary to shake the container thoroughly every 3 days.
See Also: How to Make Air Freshener in Nigeria
How to create a truly favourite fragrance
- Take narrow strips of blank paper about 10 cm long.
- Apply to each strip 1 drop of one of the oils that you would like to use in your composition (write the name of the applied oil on each of the paper strips).
- Take in hand 2-3 strips, feel the aroma that they create together. By trial and mistakes, you will definitely find your individual fragrance.
- Try different combinations, play with aromas and sensations.
- When the composition is complete and harmonious, apply the selected oils to the handkerchief and set it aside for at least half an hour. During this time, the oils will show all their notes, which will give an opportunity to feel the depth of the created aroma.
- Not all essential oils are well combined with each other, therefore, when preparing perfumes, it is better to record the results of “fragrant” experiments – in this case, it will be possible to recreate the resulting perfumes according to the written recipe.
- If at the end of the work, any smell is too strongly excreted, it should be “balanced” with one of the previously used oils, or with a small amount of lavender oil.
- Keep perfumes based on essential oils in a tightly closed bottle of dark glass.
- Before using your personal perfume, test it on your wrist and make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction.
- The greater the “age” of perfumes from essential oils, the greater the likelihood that the fragrance will change – however, such changes, as a rule, are not too harsh, and sometimes significantly improve the fragrance.
Making perfumes from essential oils only seems like a daunting task, in fact, it can be done by any woman who has a whole arsenal of aromatic preparations. It is worth focusing on the fact that with the ability to make perfumes you will not have to waste money on the purchase of perfumes that are prepared according to certain formulas in a factory and sold at incredibly high prices. We wish you successful experiments and incredible results.
Conclusion: How To Make Perfume Oil in Nigeria
In conclusion, the Perfume oil business in Nigeria has been one of the promising businesses of late. If you are looking forward to making and selling your own perfume, I hope this guide has walked you through how to make oil perfume in Nigeria, requirements, profitability and the best marketing strategies to adopt that will connect you to the right customers.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.