Wedding Gown Prices in Nigeria (Updated). Have You Been Asking The Price Of Wedding Dress? The prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria have such a wide range that you need a lot of time and good planning to find what you want, at the price you want to spend, and with the characteristics that you like the most.
If you’re a prospective bride and you trying to find out about especially their prices, then you’re obviously on the right page. But before we take a look at the prices of these attires, let’s explore the different styles of wedding gowns.
Table Of Contents
Most Popular Wedding Gowns (Styles)
Generally, the most popular styles of wedding gown are the Greek, Mermaid and Ball styles. These styles are usually combined with different fabric such as lace, organza and tulle.
The lace fabric is one of the most luxurious and prettiest fabrics and they come in different types namely the Chantilly, Alencon, Venetian, Schiffli, Guipure and the Eyelet lace.
In terms of styles your wedding gown, there are different ways to go about it. For instance, if you want to show a bit of skin, you can go for the open shoulder or deflated sleeves options.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to show some legs, then you can combine the mermaid style with a piquant cut along one of your legs to make it look spectacular.
Recently, there have been styles that have been created to give a 3D effect on your outfit. For instance, you can make your wedding dress look like a colony of butterflies by embedding fluttering butterflies on the skirt or corset. Or your designer can decorate your dress with bright flower using the dress fabric.
Wedding Gown Designs
However, not everyone wants sophistication when it comes to design her wedding outfit. For some a simple wedding dress made of crepe, taffeta, and silk shantung without overly voluminous structured skirts and any embroidery or lace design is the way to go. Additionally, the pearl shine of heavy satin fabrics can be used to create a simple but beautiful wedding dress.
There is also the applique embroidery design which enables the designer stitch small pieces of fabric into the larger fabric. Also, some wedding gowns are oftened beaded while some are made to give a sophisticated 3D effect using flowers or luxurious fabric.
Another interesting design is the peplum wedding gowns. In this case, the fashion designer structures the silhouettes of the bridal dresses with this peplum style. There are two ways to portray this style. It can either be used traditionally or it could be made to look longer on the upper part of the skirt or it can be used as a top layer in a cascade of soft skirt’s folds and flounces.
Overall, there are also some very peculiar wedding outfits that make you wonder where the bride comes from. For instance, some brides choose to wear pants and suits instead of the traditional wedding dress. For others, it comes in the form of a skirt and blouse using traditional fabric like chiffon or guipure lace.
Wedding Gown Prices in Nigeria
In terms of our two most popular styles, here are the prices you should expect when buying any of these.
#1. Mermaid gown
Typically, you can find a beaded or applique mermaid gown for as low as N25000. On the other hand, the laced mermaid gown can be as high as N55000.
The prices of the other mermaid gown styles are listed below:
- Beaded top mermaid gown == N20000 – N50000
- Beautiful mermaid gown with detachable skirt == N60000
- Trumpet turtle neck mermaid wedding gown == N87500
#2. Ball gown
The ball gown comes in a variety of styles. These include the off-shoulder, the beaded type and the applique bodice. The applique embroidery designs could either be applied to the upper or lower part of the gown or both. Generally, this style falls between N60000 to N70000
Below are the prices of other styles of ball gowns.
- Sleeved ball gown == N50,000 – N80,000
- Beaded high neck ball gown == N70,000
- Beaded off-shoulder ball gown with floral tail == N90,000
- V-neck ball wedding gown == N45000
- Ruffle vintage lace ballgown == N50,000
- Full flowery ball tailed wedding dress == ₦90,000
- Off-shoulder ball wedding gown with corsets == ₦150,000
Overall, if you’ll look to buy a luxurious or premium ball wedding gowns, you should be looking to spend between N85000 and N125000.
If you don’t want any complex customization, you can buy a simple lace long sleeve fitted wedding gown for as low as ₦25,000.
There’s also the A-line wedding gown which is quite simple yet very beautiful. This type of gown could either be sleeveless or strapless and it may come with add-ons like beads or applique embroidery. Typically, you can get a beaded bodice A-line gown for N65000.
TIPS FOR FINDING A PERFECT WEDDING GOWN
It is clear that the price of the dress is important when organizing your budget for the wedding. But I want to leave you some tips to make it easier for you to find it, and soon.
- Don’t rush or delay: even if it seems like a lot, try to start looking for your dress as soon as possible. Six months early is a good start. It will give you time to try on dresses, consider options, and make informed decisions.
- Do not idealize a dress that does not exist: many women think about their wedding dress for as long as they can remember. I advise you not to do it because most likely that dress does not exist. And it may prevent you from seeing others that you do really like.
- Be very clear about the price of the dress that you can afford: add all the accessories (veil, shoes, jewelry, lingerie, stockings, everything!) And, under no circumstances, go beyond that amount.
- Don’t try on dresses you can’t afford – just skip them: Even if it seems to be very attractive and inviting, don’t go for it. If you cannot afford the price of the dress you will have to lower expectations, and it will be painful for you.
- Keep a cool head at all times: I know it is very exciting to try on wedding dresses. Keep your ideas about the dress very firm. Choose the dress that you like and not the one recommended by any of your companions.
- Do not take too many friends shopping with you: many different opinions, far from helping you, can confuse you more. Choose the women closest to you.
- Forget about sizes: bridal fashion does not follow the same sizing as clothing, in general. So, don’t be overwhelmed if they bring you a dress with a number too far from your usual size.
- Take a good look at yourself, from all angles: ask to take pictures from behind, and from the side, on a mirror. Take a good look at all the corners of your body. You have to be very sure, it’s your wedding dress!
- When you find your dress, look no further: already, I know it’s a lot of fun to try on wedding dresses. But, if you have already found yours, automatically stop looking further. It could confuse you more, and you should be relaxed for the beautiful day ahead.
- Choose a trusted designer: if you decide that it is a dressmaker, or designer, who makes your dress, choose the workshop very well. Ask for references, find out well who will make the best for you. And if you don’t like them, look for another designer. Thus, until you are convinced.
When it comes to finding the right wedding gown for your big day, there are a couple of things to consider.
First, you can get a fashion designer to sew a customized outfit for you. In this case, you can spend as little as N50000 or as much as millions of naira depending on your level of customization and the type of fashion designer.
The second option is to buy a wedding dress that has already been made. In this case, you can buy from shops or fashion stores that sell these attires. Or you can even buy it online. In this case, the most popular types are the mermaid and ball gowns. But these styles usually come with different tweaks that enable you to choose from massive range of styles and we’ve provided the pricing of these items in this post.
As you have seen the price of wedding gowns fall between N25000 and N125000 but if you can’t still find a gown that meets your taste, you can contact a fashion designer to style something that is customized to meet your need.
But, if you’re really looking to save cost, you can rent a wedding gown; afterall the wedding ceremony is just a one day event. The cost of renting a wedding gown is lower than buying one. You can rent for as low as N15000. However, the cost of renting can become as high as buying if it is more stylish and comes with extra embellishments.
I hope I have helped you in making the right choice with your wedding gown and now you the prices of wedding gowns in Nigeria, and that now you are clear about the price of the dress that you will wear on the most important day of your life.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.