Schengen Visa Application, Requirements, Fee And Process 2023. How can I apply for a Schengen visa? what documents are required when applying for a Schengen visa? Well, everything that you need to know about the Schengen visa application process is in this post. Read through carefully.
What is a Schengen Visa?
A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows a person to travel to any members of the Schengen Area, per stays up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes.
The Schengen visa is the most common visa for Europe. It enables its holder to enter, freely travel within, and leave the Schengen zone from any of the Schengen member countries. There are no border controls within the Schengen Zone.
However, if you are planning to study, work, or live in one of the Schengen countries for more than 90 days, then you must apply for a national visa of that European country and not a Schengen Visa.
The Schengen Area Member States Include:
The area is named after their agreement called the SCHENGEN AGREEMENT and all states in the Schengen area have gotten rid of border controls with other Schengen members and strengthened border controls with non-Schengen countries.
Recommended: List of Schengen Countries in Europe (Updated List)
The Schengen twenty-six members, twenty-two of which fully implement the Schengen Aguis, four of which are members of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), implement Schengen Aguis through Specific Agreements related to the Schengen Agreement.
Three of the listed European countries are members of the Schengen Area but not members of the European Union and these countries are Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa
1. Ensure you possess the required document(s) before applying for a visa.
2. The application can be downloaded and filled online with an attached passport photograph of 35*45mm in the dimension.
3. They advised you to recheck your application for errors.
4. Make sure every detail put down is genuine to avoid implications
5. Then click SUBMIT
Requirements for Schengen Visa Application
1. The visa application form must be fully completed and signed in the corresponding blanks.
2. One photo is to be attached; the photo must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photo must be recently taken.
3. The passport, as well as all the copies of your previous visas, is valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
4. Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area.
5. The travel health insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one’s native country because of medical motives.
6. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries.
7. The health insurance policy must be purchased before picking up the visa and if they refuse your visa you can cancel it!
8. Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Schengen area.
9. Proof of sufficient means of subsistence during the intended stay in the Schengen area. Varies from country to country.
For a minor, there are a few additional documents requested by the corresponding institution stated as follows:
1. The minor’s birth certificate
2. The application form has to be signed by both parents
3. In cases where one parent has full custody of the child, the family court order has to be attached.
4. Certified copies of ID/passport of both parents.
5. The notarized parental authorisation signed by both parents and guardians is attached if the minor is to be travelling alone.
Travel Purposes/Short Term
1. The letter of invitation to the applicant
2. The entry ticket (if any)
3. In case of enrolling into a program, the meticulous description of the applicant’s residence in the Schengen zone, an itinerary.
Also, a document that proves the purpose of this travel.
Travelling for Academic Purposes
1. For starters, two application forms are to be filled out.
2. The letter of acceptance in a Schengen country University/College/School
3. Proof that one is able to reside and financially maintain him/herself during their stay in the Schengen zone.
Travelling for Employment
1. Again, two application forms must be filled
2. The employment contract between the applicant and the future employer living in the Schengen territory.
For more information about Schengen Visa, Visit https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
FAQs about the Schengen Visa Application Process
Below are FAQs about the Schengen Visa Application Process. Please, kindly examine the answers.
1. How long does a Schengen visa take to be processed?
The Schengen visa processing time around the world is approximately two weeks. Still, depending on your case, your application may take longer to be processed.
In specific cases, the embassies take 30 days to process a visa, whereas in extraordinary cases you will have to wait for 60 calendar days.
2. What is the process of getting Schengen visa?
Guidelines on How to Apply for a Schengen Visa
1. Figure out which Schengen visa type you need.
2. Find out where you need to apply for a Schengen visa.
3. Find the most suitable time to apply for a Schengen visa.
4. Book an appointment.
5. Fill the Schengen visa application form.
6. Gather the required documents.
7. Attend the visa interview.
3. How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
Proof of accommodation. Tickets for travelling within the Schengen area (if applicable) Proof of civil status – birth certificate will suffice.
Bank statement – this needs to show a minimum balance of €3000 over the last 6 months
4. Is Schengen visa open now?
After over three months of being closed, most Schengen Visa Application centres in India will reopen, and resume accepting visa applications, though not all of them will be fully operating
5. How do I know if my Schengen visa is approved?
Check whether this service is available at the Schengen Visa Application Centre you are visiting. You can also track your visa application status online.
Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued by the Schengen Visa Application Centre along with your last name to access this service.
More FAQs about Schengen Visa Application Process
6. Which country is easiest to get Schengen visa?
In general, Lithuania is the easiest country to get a Schengen Visa from, with officials granting 98.7% of applications.
The nation also receives fewer applications than countries such as Germany or France, as they are extremely popular with tourists and business travellers.
7. How long is a Schengen visa valid for?
For double or multiple entry (circulation visa) Schengen visas, the validity of the visa ranges from 6 months to 5 years.
The holder may travel one or several times for up to 90 days over a 180-day period. The validity of the Schengen visa is indicated on the visa attached to the traveller’s passport
8. Is it easy to get Schengen visa?
With 97.9% of the applications received, and only 2.1% rejected, you have quite a good chance to get a visa from this country
We cherish your opinion, and we look forward to it.
Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about the Schengen Visa Application Process, kindly your comment in the comment box below.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.